Old Willow Club was founded in 1959 by Winnetka families who were looking for a safe, special summer location where they could unwind with their families and friends. Since then, generations of families from around the North Shore have spent their summers poolside and on the courts.
Members enjoy a 25-yard, 6-lane swimming pool, and outdoor tennis on seven Har-Tru surface courts and one hardcourt including league play at various levels. New in 2022 are 4 Pickleballs courts as we join the momentum of pickle sweeping across the nation! Members enjoy full use of our outdoor grills for bring-your-own dinners and parties on the patio. Sweat it out on the courts, take a dip in the pool, or relax on the deck and watch the sun set.
Kids who like to compete can join the swim, dive or water polo teams, or get involved in our junior tennis program that includes classes and competitions. Younger kids enjoy the kiddie pool, playground, and of course, the snack bar.
Becoming a Member
The Old Willow Club is a private, member-owned and member-run club. Membership is initiated on a sponsorship basis. We welcome new members as space permits. The bulk of membership activity occurs in the first quarter of each year.
Initial fees involved in joining Old Willow Club are:
- A one-time Application Fee of $250 (non-refundable)
- A one-time New Member Equity Fee of $2,000 (refundable upon completed resignation)
- A one-time Initiation Fee of $5,500 (non-refundable)
Annual Membership Fees
Upon an opening of a membership position, prospective members will be notified and will have 14 days to submit the completed paperwork and fees. If the paperwork and fees are not received by the club, the membership position will be offered to the next applicant on the list.
$3,000 Annual Membership Fee (paid by all regular members each year in four installments — January, February, March and April), the Senior Membership Fee is $1450.
$150 Annual Snack Bar Minimum
Application and Sponsorship Information
We strongly encourage interested families to get on our wait list. The application process requires sponsorship by three current members. If you are interested in joining but do not have three sponsors, our membership chair may be able to help.
All forms need to be filled out consistently, with the same person listed as the “applicant” on all of the forms. For example, if the applicants are a married couple, one of them should be designated as “applicant” and the other as “spouse” consistently on all forms.
Initiating Sponsors are responsible for taking applicants on a tour of the club, and for ensuring that applicants understand that we are a member-run club and that they will be called on to volunteer, and possibly to serve on the board at some point.
Additional membership information is available in the Club’s Rules and Procedures.
For other membership-related inquiries, please contact our Membership Chairs.
View Club Rules
The Club and swimming pool are open daily from 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM, weather permitting, during the regular season which runs from June 9th weekend through Labor Day weekend. For a detailed pool schedule check out the Pool Hours page.
The snack bar is open weekdays from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and weekends from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM beginning the second week of June through the end of July.
General Club Rules
- Club hours are daily 9:00 AM until 8:30 PM, weather permitting, during the regular season which shall be established by the Board of Directors annually.
- Children, 10 years of age and under, may not be left unattended by a member except during designated swim team practice times, swim lessons or tennis lessons. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult, other than staff members, between scheduled activities.Any minor guest under the age of 12 must be accompanied by the adult host member who must sign a waiver of liability for that minor guest.
- The Club is not responsible for any personal property of members or their guests.
- Adult locker rooms are reserved for use by members and guests 16 years of age and over. Any Cell Phone usage in bathrooms/locker rooms is prohibited.
- No pets are permitted.
- After signing up for a Club event, a member must cancel 48 hours in advance or be liable for the charges.
- Members and their guests are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that will be considerate of others and of the Club facility at all Club events.
- All members must “sign in” upon entering the Club. When entering the club, members also must sign in all guests. Guests must sign a waiver, unless they are minors, in which case the member must sign a waiver for their guests who are minors.
- Members shall be responsible for any Club property that is broken, damaged, or removed by them or their guests, and their accounts shall be billed accordingly.
- Late payments of membership dues are subject to a $25 monthly penalty.
Additional club rules are outlined in Rules and Procedures and include protocol and guidelines for the following:
- Swimming Pool
Additional rules and information are available in the Old Willow Club By-Laws.
Contact the Board
Old Willow Club is located at 2750 Old Willow Road, Glenview, Illinois 60025. Please DO NOT use this address for mailing purposes, as the Club does not receive postal mail at this address.
General correspondence including vendor invoicing mail to:
Old Willow Club
PO Box 8102
Northfield, Illinois 60093
Membership Dues and Application Fees
Old Willow Club
PO Box 7274
Carol Steam, Illinois 60197-7274
Contact by Phone
The Club’s Main Phone is 847-729-8010. However, this number is only used during months of operation, June, July and August. For phone contact during the off-season, please contact our club manager at the number below.
Matt Wendt, Club Manager